Thursday 16 July 2009

Final preparations

Just under two weeks to go and suddenly the realisation that you are not quite as organised as you thought dawns on you. The car has passed its MOT (yay!) and is ready to be taxed. Stu has done some 'designs' of the car and how it could look if we painted it in various ways. I was all in favour of painting it brown with flecks to represent nougat, and then beige and tin foil to create the effect. Unfortunately the photoshop mock up that was produced showed the massive error in our plan....A big brown car. Not pretty. At all.

So we have two options - go for beige or leave it as it is. I have to admit I am a little dissapointed that my image of a luxurious chocolatey good-enough-to-eat design idea didn't work! Satruday will be the day for decoration and the vinyls for the car should be ready. We have all the Sense logos and branding also ready to decorate the car with, we hope that people will recognise the international logo and maybe offer international sponsorship along the way. I should probably check that contributions in euros will be ok!

I have a slight personal dilemma also. I have been warnd about getting a 'truckers tan' while driving through the glorious sunny countries. I have a wedding to go to when I get back and it looks like I am going to be as multi coloured as the car!

Photos will follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment